as Thanksgiving gets closer, I’ve been thinking a lot about what I’m thankful for (original, I know). this year, however, I’ve decided to be a bit more pro-active about those thoughts and list the top eight things I am thankful for about my body (top ten is so cliche).
I am thankful:
1. that my body allowed me to play varsity volleyball, club volleyball, and one year of college volleyball, while also playing basketball and softball. i was an awesome setter, and my body never gave up.
2. for my cheekbones.
3. that despite being a deathfattie for most of my life, i have had VERY few health problems.
4. for my flexible, strong, and pretty fingers, for they allowed me to play piano (rather well, i might add!) for 10+ years as a wee kid. Mom was right, I miss it and would like to start it up again.
5. for my curly hair. it’s awesome.
6. for my strong legs. they have carried me without fail for 30 years, through playing sports, traveling to different countries, to lifting hay bales and moving irrigation pipe.
7. for my arms; I get to hug people I love whenever I want.
8. and finally, for a body that keeps on keeping on, despite my years of not loving it. despite years of being downright mean and nasty to it. it never quit, and I only hope that through this practice I can begin to repay it for the amazing things it’s done for me, despite my shitty attitude toward it for so many years.
what are you thankful for regarding your body?